Shredding Data is about training staff
It is not OK just to call in an expert data management company such as Secure Data Management and be content that your old data is being shredded.
What needs to be thought through is what documents are you’re actually going to shred and when.
To do this you need to look at the following issues:
- Is security training given to new employees on start?
- Are new employees shown a security policy?
- Are new employees asked to sign a security policy?
- Do employee contracts include an agreement to security policy?
- Are background checks run on new employees?
Once through that stage do the employees actually understand what data is to be kept or destroyed and do they understand the implications of getting it wrong.
For more information on data management contact the experts at Secure Data Recycling.